Yes. Mercury continues to follow the Massachusetts guidelines in responding to COVID-19. This includes guidelines for travel to and from Massachusetts. The latest Massachusetts travel order went into effect on August 1st. If you travel out of state, here is what you need to know:
- You are strongly encouraged to review the new Massachusetts guidelines (found here) as violations are subject to a civil fine of $500 per day
- All travelers arriving to Massachusetts – including Massachusetts residents returning home – are instructed to self-quarantine for 14 days
- You do NOT need to quarantine if you travel to Massachusetts from a lower-risk state, including: Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, New York, or New Jersey. (The official list of lower-risk states can be found here)
- You do NOT need to quarantine if you can produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts
- If you are seeking a test after you return to Massachusetts, you must self-quarantine while you wait for test results
- You must NOT return to work at Mercury during the quarantine period
- In order to plan for your absence, talk with your team about any upcoming travel plans you may have
- Per our normal process, submit any vacation requests for approval by your Value Stream Champion
- You have all the same pay options available to you during quarantine (See question 12)
- You can use available vacation time, earned time, paid sick time or unpaid time
- Please talk with your Value Stream Champion if you have any questions
- Remote work during quarantine is only available if approved through our regular process (See question 18)
Travel continues to be challenging during this pandemic. Many states have issued travel restrictions and the situation is rapidly changing. We know it is not ideal, but please be aware that these restrictions can have a significant impact on your travel and work plans.
It is very important that we all stay focused on following all recommended guidelines to help keep each other safe. Many areas are seeing an increase in COVID-19 cases as things start to open back up and people are traveling more. Wear a face covering, practice social distancing and avoid places where others are not following safe practices. As members of the Mercury family, we are all responsible for the well-being of our teammates and those closest to us.